Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the PGP program will again pause until next year.
For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.
The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa which is valid for up to 10 years and will let you visit your family in Canada for up to two years without renewing your status.
- Must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Dependents of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa
Other factor may be considered by visa officer
- The person’s ties to his or her home country
- The purpose of the visit
- The person’s family and financial situation
- The overall economic and political stability of the home country
- Invitations from Canadian hosts
The parent or grandparent must also do the following
- Provide a letter promising financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who has a minimum income;
- Prove he or she has Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the time he or she will be in Canada
- Complete an immigration medical examination.