BC PNP – SKILLS IMMIGRATION
The Skills Immigration (SI) stream of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by B.C. employers. If you would like to settle in B.C., the SI stream can help you become a permanent resident.
British Columbia’s growing economy requires skilled workers in high-demand occupations. The Skills Immigration (SI) – Skilled Worker category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for workers in a professional, management, technical, trade or other skilled occupation to gain permanent residence in B.C.
To qualify, you must first accept a valid job offer from a B.C. employer. You also need relevant training and experience.
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- be qualified to perform the duties of the job
- have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
- show you can support yourself and your dependents
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- for NOC skill level B occupations, meet minimum language requirements
- have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
The British Columbia Skilled Worker stream operates on an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Candidates who meet the minimum stream requirements can register a profile using the BC’s online immigration portal.
1. Assess eligibility
2. Submit your resume
3. Arrange an employer interview to obtain a job offer
1. Apply for LMIA
2. Apply for a work permit
3. Spouses open their work permits
1. Obtain a work visa
2. Landing starts for 24 months
1. Applying for BC Nomination (EEBC)
2. Apply for FSTP
1. Express Entry Profile: Not required
2. Connection to Province: No
3. Job Offer: Yes
4. Language Proficiency: CLB 4
5. Level of Education: No minimum
6. Work Experience: Same occupation as the job offer 2 years
7. Investment Requirement: None