Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme (QIIP)
From 2017 there is no investment immigration programme at the federal level in Canada. There are options at the provincial level. The most popular of these is the Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme (QIIP) largely because the QIIP is the only provincial program allowing for passive investment.
Applicants must have acquired a $2.0 million Canadian dollar net worth, agree to invest $1,200,000 Canadian dollars for 5 years, show intention to reside in Quebec and have a minimum of two years’ management in a company during the last five years and have had a minimum of two full-time employees.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme will accept an annual 1900 applicants. No more than 1330 applicants will be accepted from any single country. Completing an application is a lengthy process and only completed applications will be considered.
FINANCING THE QIIP
CANADIAN RESIDENCY PERMIT
Applicants interested in the Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme should contact JR Marriott for further advice and apply as soon as possible for consideration in this year’s quota.
1. Secure a quota with the help of JR Marriott
2. Prepare the application form and essential supporting documents.
Submission of the file to the Montreal office of the Ministere de l’Immigration
1. File processing by the Government;
2. After the analysis by the Quebec Immigration Office
1. An immediate decision regarding the application.
2. Request for specific additional documents
3. Immigration interview
1. Once the file is accepted, pay CAD 350,000 to the financial intermediary.
2. Receive the Quebec Selection Certificate;
3. Apply for Canadian permanent residency