Start-up Visa Program
The Start-Up Visa program grants permanent residence to immigrant entrepreneurs while assisting them to become established in Canada. The program encourages immigrant entrepreneurs to grow their companies in Canada.
Canada Startup Visa (SUV) Program allows entrepreneurs or teams (up to 5) to immigrate to Canada to build an innovative business with a potential to create jobs and compete globally. This program is a direct and fastest from all Canada’s business immigration programs pathway to permanent residence for the right candidates and businesses. It generally exists for innovative companies in any industry of operation. There is no minimum investment amount that the applicants themselves must make. The Canadian Startup Visa designated organization must validate a business idea before participants can apply for a work permit and permanent residence.
About the process
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the Start-up Visa Program, you must:
- have a qualifying business
- get a letter of support from a designated organization
- meet the language requirements
- bring enough money to settle
1. Assess eligibility
2. Sign the management agreement
3. Complete the business plan
1. Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support from a designated entity.
2. Sufficient unencumbered, available and transferable settlement funds.
Submit a work visa and residence permit to the Visa Center and the Federal Office for Migration.
The Federal Office for Migration conducts background checks and medical examinations
Application is approved, government will issue a permanent resident visa. This visa includes Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and entry visa.
The purpose of this program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth.
In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
- ♦Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities);
- ♦Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
- ♦Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec;
- ♦Pass Canadian security and medical clearances;
- ♦Prove your business is supported through a designated organization; and
- ♦Show your business meets ownership requirements.