Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
The Scheme is an entrant scheme. It is quota-based and seeks to attract highly skilled or talented persons who are fresh entrants not having the right to enter and remain in Hong Kong to settle in Hong Kong in order to enhance Hong Kong’s economic competitiveness in the global market. Successful applicants are not required to secure an offer of local employment before their entry to Hong Kong for settlement. All applicants are required to fulfill a set of prerequisites before they can be awarded points under one of the two points-based tests, namely the General Points Test and Achievement-based Points Test , and compete for quota allocation with other applicants. Successful applicants under the Scheme may bring their spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong provided that they are capable of supporting and accommodating their dependants on their own financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.
Scope of the Scheme
The Scheme is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
1. Quota system
2. There is no pre-set employer guarantee requirement
3. Scoring system
4. Applicants may bring their spouses and unmarried and dependent children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong
1. Preliminary assessment to confirm eligibility
2. Sign up to pay the consultant’s fee
3. Review documents
1. Submit the application documents
2. Get the application file number, etc.
Applicants who have met all the prerequisites may choose to be assessed either under a General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test.
Applicants who are allotted a quota in the selection exercise will be issued with an Approval-in-principle letter and attend an interview and submitted originals of all documents.
The successful applicant will be issued with a visa/entry permit under the Scheme for stay in Hong Kong.
1. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
2. Integrated scoring system: the basic requirement of 80 points, a total score of 195.
– Education / professional qualifications
– Work experience
– Language proficiency
– Family background
3. No criminal record
4. Financial independence, demonstrating that you can live in Hong Kong for 12 months